1. Do I need to sign up in order to make a purchase?
Yes! Being our member will allow you to order without having to fill in your details every time you shop with us. It will also give you benefits such as order tracking, regular newsletters, and first-hand news of our exclusive discounts and special offers! You can sign up right now, or you can start shopping straight away and set your account up when you check out, whichever suits you best.
2. How do I make a purchase?
Simply click on the item you wish to purchase, input in the quantity, size (if applicable) and click 'Add To Bag'.
A small window will appear and you can either choose to 'View Bag' or 'Continue Shopping'.
If you would like to purchase more items, please click 'Continue Shopping' and continue to add the respective items you would like to purchase to your bag.
Once you are done with shopping, please go to your bag by either clicking 'View Bag' or 'My Bag' on the top right-hand corner of our site. You will be redirected to our shopping cart page.
Click 'Check Out' and either log in to your account or sign up as a new member to proceed with the purchase.
Your item(s) will be on hold for you for 12 hours whilst you proceed to make payment via the various methods of payment accepted. Please refer to here for more details on payment.
NOTE: Please note that by adding item(s) into your cart, it does not signify you have successfully purchased the item(s). Item(s) is only secured upon submission of payment details.
3. What if I cannot make payment within the time frame?
The system only holds an item for a limited time (1-hour for Stripe orders, 12-hour for local i-Banking orders) after the customer has successfully check out the items and receive an automated Order Confirmation email from the system. Once payment is received, the order is successfully placed and taken in.
If the payment details are not received within the stipulated time frame, your order will be automatically cancelled. Please re-add and check out the item(s) in your cart under a new Order ID and make payment within your next time frame.
4. Can I change my payment method after checking out my order?
Unfortunately, we are unable to change payment methods manually after orders has been checked out. Please re-add and check out the item(s) in your cart and email us to cancel your first order.
5. I want to make payment using credit/debit cards, which payment method should I choose?
You have to select Stripe payment method. Stripe is a payment processor and you do not need an account with Stripe in order to make payment. You can simply follow the steps below:
1) Under Step 2 - Shipping & Payment Page, select Stripe for credit/debit card
2) Click "Go To Order Review" to proceed to the next page
3) Under Step 3 - Order Summary Page, you can key in any special instructions and/or voucher codes if applicable. After checking that all details are correct, please click "Process My Order"
4) You will arrive at a page that states "Thank you for your order!". Click on the blue icon "Pay with Card" to enter your credit card details.
5) A pop-up will appear within the same page. Key in your credit card details and click on the blue icon "Pay SGD XXX".
6) If payment is successful, you will arrive a page that states "Thank you for your order! Congratulations, your order is complete!". You will also receive an automated email that states that your order is currently processing.
6. How do I retrieve the payment link?
You can retrieve the payment link under your Order History > Look for the Order ID number > Click "Pay Order" under Actionsheader and complete your payment process within the stipulated payment time frame.
7. I have added an item into my shopping cart, why has it disappeared?
If an item is no longer in your cart, it means that it is either temporarily unavailable or sold out. It is possible that another customer check out and paid for the item earlier.
Our system works to prioritise orders that are checked out successfully first and does not do cart reservations. Hence, individual(s) may still manage to add items simultaneously while another is checking out. On the flip side, if a buyer is slower at adding item to cart but is quicker to check out than another buyer, then she will have a better chance at securing the items. Items are only reserved for a limited time frame when it has been successfully checked out and an automated Order Confirmation email from the system is sent.
If payment details are not received within the stipulated time frame, the item will released for sale again. If you join the waiting list, the system will automatically and immediately inform you should the item be released due to late/non-payment by other buyers.
8. How do I join the waiting list?
Kindly click on the product page, click on the size you would like to purchase, key in your email and click on 'Notify Me' to be informed once the product is back instock or when we open backorders for it. Do kindly add [email protected] to your contact list so that our emails do not land in your junk folder.
9. I have made payment but why is my order cancelled?
Your order may have been automatically cancelled by the system as it detects no input of payment details either due to non-submission of payment details or payment gateway error.
For payment via internet banking, you will have to submit the payment details directly onto our website for our system to recognise that payment has been made. If your order has been cancelled due to non-submission of payment details, you can follow the steps below:
1) Re-check out the same item(s) under a new Order ID
2) Select 'Internet Banking / ATM Transfer'
3) Update the payment details directly onto our website (e.g: IB Nick, Amount). If you have accidentally closed the page, you can retrieve the payment link under your Order History > Look for the Order ID number > Click "Pay Order" under Actions header and complete your payment process within the stipulated payment time frame.
4) Thereafter, we will change your Order Status from 'Verifying Payment' to 'Processing'
If the item has since been sold out, please email our team at [email protected].
If you have successfully made payment via Stripe but the order was still cancelled, please email our team at [email protected] with your Order ID number and we'd be happy to assist!
10. How do I know if the items will fit me?
We have both free-sized and sized apparels and measurements will be provided under 'Details' when you click on a product. Simply click on the arrow next to "Details" to reveal the measurements. Please refer to our Size Guide for more details on how to interpret the measurements.
The range in measurement reflects the smallest approximate measurement taken when an apparel is laid flat and unstretched, while the largest approximate measurement is taken when an apparel is stretched to its maximum. Measurements stated are taken across an apparel (and not the circumference) at respective areas and they are all in inches.
In the event that items do not fit, you may refer to our Returns Policy to check if your item is applicable for returns and for more details on how to proceed.
11. Do you provide customisation?
Unfortunately, we are unable to produce 1 piece of a certain size for any design as this would be considered customisation, which is only offered by smaller bespoke tailors. There is a minimum quantity required for production as our products are designed and manufactured solely by The Thread Theory. If you have any feedback on product offerings and design to share with our design team, you can email us at [email protected]. Thank you!
12. How do I reset password for my member account?
1) Click on the drop down arrow at the top right hand corner then click on 'My Account'.
2) Under the Account Info page, click on 'Edit Account' tab that has a pen icon next to it and just above the salutation and name fields.
3) You will be able to amend your password and/or other account details on the next page.
4) Do remember to scroll down and click 'Save' for the changes to take effect!
If you have any further queries, please email us at [email protected] and we'll be happy to help! :)